37 Gallon Reef Breakdown
Here are the last images of my 37 gallon LPS tank before I have to break it down. We are re-doing the carpet in the apartment and the tank needs to be moved. This was the time to "upgrade" to a 40 breeder - it's not a big upgrade but the new dimensions will allow for easier maintenance and better aquascape options. The dimensions of the current 37 gallon tank is 30.25 long by 12.5 inches deep by 22.75 inches deep. The deep dimension meant I have to put my entire hand in the tank to reach the bottom - for my wife this was almost shoulder depth.
The dimension of the proposed 40 breeder is 36 inches long by 18.25 inches deep by almost 17 inches high.
Here was the equipment at the time the tank was being taken down.
- 2 Kessil A360WE LED lights - I bought these for the new tank but decided to "acclimate" my tank to the new lights. The truth is I couldn't wait to have them site in boxes for more than a month before the new tank is ready. My old AI Hydra is currently listed on eBay.
- Custom Advanced Acrylic 2 chamber sump
- Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
- Sicce Syncra 3.0 Pump
- 2 Ecotech Vortech MP10WES
- About 45 Pounds of rock
- 4 to 5 inch Deep Sand Bed
Corals & Fish
- 2 Oscellaris clownfish
- 2 Black Saddleback clownfish
- A 1 inch blue tang
- 2 Scarlet Skunk cleaner shrimp
- Rose bubble tip anemone
- Leather Coral
- Various Mushroom corals
- Hammer Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Torch Coral
- A duncan coral that has about 13 heads
- A small 1 inch monti frag
- A Trachyphyllia that's about 3 inches in diameter
- A Lobophyllia that's about 1.5 inches in diameter.